Thank you for your interest in attending a U.S. Service Academy!
Download my Service Academy Nomination Packet here.
Acceptance at an academy involves at least a nine-year obligation: four years at the Academy and a minimum of five years in the U.S. Military Service.
It is in your best interest to request a nomination through all sources available to you: Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Congressional. If your father or mother served eight years in the military or was killed in action, you may be eligible for a Presidential or Vice Presidential nomination. Please contact the Service Academies for more information. It is strongly recommended each candidate apply to both U.S. Senators and their Congressman.
As of July 1st of the year of admission, applicants must be:
- 17 years of age, but not yet 23
- A citizen of the United States
- Unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligation to support a child or dependent
- A legal resident of the Third Congressional District of Arkansas
To be considered for a nomination, each applicant must submit an Application Packet to the Fort Smith office on or before November 1st. Each packet must contain the following items:
- Application Packet
- Extracurricular Activities Worksheet
- Nomination Board Questionnaire
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Official High School/College Transcript and Current Class Schedule
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Need more information?
Check out my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination, or contact my Military and Veterans Advisor, Chris Bader, at:
6101 Phoenix Avenue, Suite 4
Fort Smith, AR 72903