The Congressional App Challenge (CAC) is a competition designed to encourage students across the U.S. to learn how to code and leverage computer science to create their own applications. The Challenge highlights the value of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) disciplines and education – which are skills important to the jobs of the future. By encouraging our nation’s youth to pursue these abilities, Congress hopes to inspire the next generation of innovators and help build our pipeline of skilled workers.
The Congressional App Challenge is open to all middle school and high school students in the Third District of Arkansas. Students entering the competition must submit their application to CongressionalAppChallenge.us by November 1, 2023 (11:00 AM CST).
The winner from the Third District will be chosen by a panel of local judges. Additionally, the winning app will be featured on CongressionalAppChallenge.us and will also be put on display in the U.S. Capitol. If you have any questions, please visit the Congressional App Challenge website or contact Chris Bader at (479) 424-1146.
- Check your eligibility – CAC Rules
- Register online as an individual or a team (up to four people) – Student Registration
- Create your app and demonstration video
- Submit your app by November 1, 2023 (11:00 AM CST) – Use student portal created during registration
- Complete the exit questionnaire